Put a Spring in your step this Easter in Northern Ireland. Explore the breathtaking beauty on your doorstep, visit some of our many family attractions or enjoy some of the excellent Easter-themed events taking place.
This April will be jam-packed with Easter events taking place right across Northern Ireland and the school holidays are the perfect time for families to make use of the children being off and enjoying a short break to explore the many tourist attractions on offer.
We all know that packing up for a break with the kids can be stressful at times, so why not ease the burden a little by choosing to stay in family friendly accommodation? From Hotels with babysitting services, interconnecting rooms and children’s menus, to self-catering properties with baby and toddler equipment, Discover Northern Ireland’s Families Welcome Scheme accommodation providers understand families’ needs”.
Tourism Northern Ireland’s PR Officer (ROI), Clare McCoy said. “There is so much going on this year to celebrate Easter including egg trails, craft days and glamping”.
“For the perfect Easter break you can’t overlook Belfast. Titanic Belfast, Winner of the World’s Leading Visitor Attraction (World Travel Awards, 2016) celebrates its 5th birthday throughout April with a host of activities including the Easter Explorer Trail from 16-18 April”.
“Why not head off on a leisurely road trip? The world-renowned Causeway Coastal Route is a must, taking in natural wonders, charming seaside villages and top attractions such as Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Dunluce Castle, and of course the World Heritage site of the Giant’s Causeway itself”.
Tourism NI have some suggestions for Easter events in regions across Northern Ireland:
- Easter marks the opening of Watertop Farm, Ballycastle, Co. Antrim. The farm will have its annual Egg Rolling competitions on Easter Sunday and Monday at approx. 15:00. There will be lots of prizes for all age groups including mums and dads. As well as the many prizes on offer, other available activities include pony rides, assaults course, pedal karts and much more!
- Looking for something a little more adventurous? There are lots of activities taking place this Easter at Carrowmena with Easter glamping, an Easter egg canoe hunt and glamping trail. Visitors can book an action packed Activity Adventure Day and receive 20% of full and half day activities. Available dates are 16 – 19 April.
- Children young and old can celebrate this Easter at Downhill Demesne between 15 – 18 April with the Cadbury Egg Hunt. Children will have the opportunity to play detective by hunting high and low for clues, around the beautiful surroundings of Mussenden Temple, which will lead them to a delicious chocolate surprise.
Stay: The Lodge Hotel, Co Antrim
Situated on the Causeway Coast, this 56-room 3* hotel offers great family friendly accommodation and two restaurants as well as walking distance from Coleraine town centre. Prices start from £124.50 for a two night family break.
- Hop on over to Belfast Zoo this Easter for a ‘zooper’ day out as they host an Easter Extravagan-zoo event from 14 – 18 April. As well as visiting your favourite animal at feeding time little explorers can follow the Easter egg trail around the zoo.
- For those families who love seeing and cuddling new born spring animals then a visit to the Easter Petting Zoo at the MAC from 17 – 18 April is perfect! With lambs, chicks, bunnies and lots more, cuddle, feed and stroke your farmyard favourites until your heart’s content.
- For an Eggstra-ordinary day out, pop by Easter weekend (15-16 April) for the Great MAC Easter Egg Hunt, happening around The MAC building in Belfast city centre. Begin your journey in the Family Room and hop around the MAC looking for clues, and searching for chocolate surprises along the way. Simply pick up an activity sheet from the box office to get started.
Stay: 4* La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Set in the countryside and perfectly located just 15 minutes from Belfast, this 4* family friendly hotel offers plenty of onsite activities including a swimming pool and dolphin baby pool, tennis court, croquet on the lawn and putting green. There is also a seasonal supervised aptly named La MONster’s Kids Club available during Easter, allowing mums and dads time to relax in the luxury spa or country club. La Monsters Two Night Break for a family of four and including dinner in a premier room is only £345.
- Travel back in time on Easter Monday at Florence Court to experience life in the ‘big house’ during the 1920s. See the Sawmill in action and head to the Carpenter’s Workshop for traditional woodcarving. Explore the outdoors as you follow the Egg Hunt clues to your chocolate treat at Crom and Castle Coole on 15-18 April.
- In Enniskillen between 15 – 21 April is the Share Centre’s Easter Activity Extravaganza! Over the Easter holidays, kids and adults can enjoy a variety of outdoor and indoor activities at fantastic prices. Activities include climbing, banana boating, stand up paddle boarding, circus skills, t-shirt printing and much more!
- Why not soak up the beautiful Co. Fermanagh scenery with a cruise around Upper Lough Erne with an Easter Cot Trip at Crom on April 17 between 13:00 and 17:00 – the Cot is Crom’s 100-year-old traditional craft.
Stay: Fermanagh Self Catering
Experience an action packed 4* family break at Fermanagh Self Catering holiday homes. Your children will be well catered for with a newly planted tennis court and a side garden complete with trampoline, swings, slide, climbing frame, sand pit, football, basketball and badminton nets and croquet.
For any rainy days, the games room is invaluable with a snooker/pool table, 32 inch TV and Wii. The walk to the lake also has fishing stands, a large enclosed sand paddling area and picnic tables if the sun is out. Price for a lodge is £285.
To find out more about events and places to see over Easter click on www.discovernorthernireland.