Newstalk Solo Travel 26th September
Following up on a request from listener – Solo Travel
Travelling solo often carries a supplement so you need to look out for this when looking at prices. Ask your travel agent to guide you to packages that don’t carry a supplement and a list can be found on the Irish travel Agents Association website. www.itaa.ie . I’ve found some trips that will inspire anyone who wants to try going solo!
Starting with a great deal to Lanzarote with Click and Go
November Lanzarote – sole occ holidays €449 for 7 nights – including flights, transfers and accomm for 7 nts
December Lanzarote – sole occ holidays €439 for 7 nights including flights, transfers and accomm for 7 nts
December Berlin Christmas markets break – sole occ holidays €254 for 3 nights including flights and accomm for 3 nts
Cuba with TD Active Holidays
With beautiful weather, friendly locals and a fascinating history, Cuba is a Caribbean destination like no other. Cut off from much international trade by the U.S. embargo, a visit to the island is almost like taking a trip back in time, in the best possible way.
Explore the colonial city of Havana by horse carriage and classic car, and experience the warmth of Cuban hospitality as you stay in a local Casa Particular, or homestay, in the capital. Wander the cobbled streets of Trinidad, a UNESCO world cultural heritage site that is the perfect place to observe the central importance of music and salsa in Cuba. Visit the port city of Cienfuegos, marvel at the spectacular limestone formations of the Viñales Valley, drive the “tobacco route” to Pinar del Rio and perhaps try a Habano, the famous Cuban cigars.
You will also learn some of the recent history of this incredible country with visits to the Bay of Pigs and the town of Santa Clara, where the famous Che Guevara fought one of the most important battles of the Cuban Revolution. Plus, you will have the opportunity to experience one of Cuba’s pristine beaches and snorkel in the salty Caribbean Sea on a full day catamaran cruise to the islet of Cayo Blanco. Finally, take a whistle-stop tour of Toronto as you enjoy a brief stop in Canada on your way home.
€1999 (single supplement €309)
May 9th 2019 or June 6th 2019
Included in your price…
- Return flights & transfers
- Local guide for excursions
- 3 star hotel accommodation in Cienfuegos & Trinidad
- Authentic home stay in Havana
- Daily breakfasts
- 4 lunches & 1 dinner
* * * * * * * *
On this trip for one, you’ll never feel alone with all that’s in store. Settle in with a welcome dinner on the first night and get to know your travelling companions, before exploring one of the most beautiful corners of Europe.
Explore the city of Conquistadors with a guided tour of Seville and visit the amazing cathedral where Christopher Columbus is buried. Delight in delicious and authentic Tapas in Seville, before falling under the spell of the stunning Alhambra, one of Europe’s most sensual and romantic palace and fortresses. Travellers will also visit Cordoba, with a guided tour of one of the most beautiful Mosques on Earth, Mezquita.
Price includes: Return flights from Dublin, 6 nights in 3* or 4* accommodation, transfers, programme of daily tours and visits, bed & breakfast, welcome dinner, expert tour manager, checked luggage. *All tours will be escorted by an experienced tour manager*
For more information on this offer from Grenham Travel: http://itaa.ie/2018/09/16/classical-spain-solo
* * * * * * * *
Visit Argana Hotel and experience the numerous facilities that occupy the spell binding resort. Enjoy some rest and relaxation on the hotel’s private beach area or book an appointment with the masseur.
Not only is Agadir surrounded by natural beauty, architecture such as La Medina and Kasbah point to the rich history of the area and will get the taste buds tingling for those history lovers who have made the trip to North Africa. Located in the heart of Agadir and 20 minutes from the city centre, guests can explore the palace, mosque, casinos, restaurants and market close by!
Price includes: flight, checked baggage, 7 nights B&B in the Argana Hotel or upgrade to Half board from €523
For more information on this offer from Grogan Travel: http://itaa.ie/2018/09/17/solo-in-morocco
* * * * * * * *
Fancy being on top of the world? Reykjavik is the place to go. See the spectacular wonders of the Northern Lights or bathe and have a drink at the swim up bar in the famous Blue Lagoon. Reykjavik is a quirky city full of New Icelandic charm which is blessed with jaw dropping views and a location which people continue to rave over!
Start you adventure in Dublin Airport as you meet and greet your tour leader and fellow travellers. With expert guidance throughout your stay, discover the best restaurant, bars, museums, tours and more on your four day trip to Iceland.
Price includes: Dublin Airport meet & greet, return direct flights from Dublin transfers, 20kgs checked luggage, breakfast each morning.
For more information on this offer from Wallace Travel Group: http://itaa.ie/2018/09/17/solo-in-iceland
* * * * * * * *
Vietnam & Cambodia for Solo Travellers
30th November 2018 – 16 days from only €3,559
AT A GLANCE
* 4 to 5-star accommodation
* Return flights & transfers
* Programme of daily tours & visits
* Daily breakfast, 4 meals & welcome dinner
* Expert tour manager
* Checked Luggage
- See the hauntingly beautiful and inspirational countryside with shimmering rice fields, where buffaloes are tended by farmers adorned with conical hats
- Visit the Angkor ruins, a UNESCO-listed complex of ancient temples and one of the world’s greatest ancient sites
- Guided tour of the fascinating Cu-Chi tunnels, the former Vietcong underground stronghold and a poignant reminder of the US-Vietnam conflict
- Cycle rickshaw tour of Hanoi seeing the Temple of Literature, tree-lined avenues, colonial belle-époque villas
- Take a leisurely cruise in UNESCO-listed Ha Long Bay aboard a converted Chinese junk
- Visit to Hue with a guided tour of the Citadel and Forbidden City plus visit the Thien Mu Pagoda and Emperor Tu Duc’s temple
- Enjoy a full-day trip on the mighty Mekong delta, the world’s 10th-largest river system
- City tour of Phnom Penh including the Tuol Sleng Museum
- A welcome dinner on the first night to get to know your travelling companions
- Return travel from Dublin with premium economy upgrades at a supplement, plus transfers to and from the hotel included
- Hand-picked four and five-star accommodation, including all local taxes, with breakfast and five meals included
- Services of our experienced tour manager
The price of this holiday is based on one person in a double/twin room for sole occupancy. Price includes thirteen nights’ accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis, in four and five-star hotels, five lunches; all flights as mentioned all touring as mentioned, all transfers, all local accommodation taxes and airport/flight taxes, hotel porterage of one item of luggage per person and the services of a tour manager.
Call Grogan Travel 093 24116 to BOOK
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
U by Uniworld is a unique new type of river cruise for the 30/40+ year olds and this exciting package has it all for fun and novel travel
7 nights | Amsterdam to Frankfurt | 20th April 2019
Solo traveller price : €1599*
7 nights aboard the stylish “The A”
Rolling on the Rhine
Amsterdam is just the beginning. On this cruise along the Rhine River, you’ll have three days to spend in this laid-back and forward-thinking Dutch hotspot, along with stops in Haarlem, Cologne, Koblenz and Frankfurt. You’ll dine on local specialties during a U Time Dutch cheese tasting. You’ll spend several nights out on the town—Amsterdam After Dark is a prime example. And you’ll get your fix of famous artwork, incredible scenery and a look into Europe’s history and culture. Whatever your travel personality, this cruise is sure to please.
For more information see the uniworld website or contact your local travel agent https://www.ubyuniworld.com/uk/
- 14 meals onboard
- Welcome party
- 2 dedicated U Hosts
- Included excursions
- U Time optional excursions
- Local DJ set
- Included onboard wine tasting
Terms and Conditions
- Flights and Port Charges not included
- Full U by Uniworld terms and conditions apply